The City of Bessemer, Michigan hired North of Eight Design & Marketing to promote the release of their 4-part video campaign, #BeBessemer. This campaign was used to highlight why Bessemer is a great place to live, boasting a thriving family-friendly community, an encouraging environment for entrepreneurs, and the perfect place for thrill-seekers to reside - all for extremely low housing costs.
We began our journey working with the City of Bessemer after responding to their RFP posted online. After meeting with the city manager via Zoom, we learned that they were looking for a marketing agency to help promote their seasonal video series that boasted all the perks of living in their small town located in the Upper Peninsula. They were also interested in having Kassie come out and spend the day photographing the town for images to be used on their social media platforms (Facebook + Instagram).
The Path Forward
Over the course of 6 months, North of Eight Design & Marketing…
– Grew Bessemer’s Facebook and Instagram audience by +500 followers during the campaign
– Garnered over 21.8k hard-earned clicks to their website (directly from Facebook)
– Made over 214k total impressions - gaining 2.6k likes on their social media posts
– Racked up more than 88k views on the four videos that were released during the #BeBessemer campaign
– Earned a total of 25k minutes viewed